A. Stack -1:
Stack-1 is located on the First floor of Dhanvantri Library and has nearly 37681 books. The section stacks all printed books on:-
· Generalities (Computer Science, Lib. & Inf. Science)
· Philosophy & Related Disciplines (Psychology)
· Social Sciences (Statistics, Political Science, Economics, Public Administration, Education, Commerce)
· Pure Sciences (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Earth Science, Life Science, Botany, Zoology)
· Technology (Applied Sciences)
· The Arts
· General Geography, Biography & History
B. Stack -2:
Stack-2 is located on the Third floor of Dhanvantri Library and has a collection of about 20,530 books pertaining to following disciplines and class numbers:-
· Law (340-349)
· Management (650-699)
· Languages (400-499)
· Literature (800-899)
C. Thesis and Dissertation Section:
Ph.D. Theses and M.Phil. Dissertations (9081) of the University are received and maintained by this section which can be searched through OPAC and referred.
D. Textbook Section:
Textbook Section is located on the First floor of Dhanvantri Library and houses a rich collection of text books (nearly 10,600 books) relevant to the courses being taught in the University.
E. Reference and Research Section:
· Reference and Research Section is located on the Second floor of Dhanvantri Library and has a good reference collection (10,237 Reference books) consisting of various encyclopaedias, dictionaries, yearbooks, atlases, biographies, etc. of the national and international coverage and other reference books.
· The basic objective of this section is to assist the users (Students, Research Scholars and Faculty) to use resources of the library in an effective manner leading to their optimum utilization.
F. Jammu and Kashmir Section:
The Jammu & Kashmir Section is one of important section of Dhanvantri Library and is located in the Stack-1 area on the First floor of Dhanvantri Library. The holdings of the section include the reading material published exclusively on Jammu and Kashmir State. The books and other material of the section pertains to:-
· History of Jammu & Kashmir
· Politics of J&K
· J&K Laws
· J&K Painting
G. Circulation Section:
Circulation Section is the Front-end section of the Dhanvantri Library and is located at the Ground Floor of the Dhanvantri Library. It is mainly responsible in connecting the library resources with the users of the library.
H. Internet cum Inflibnet Section:
This Section provides:
1. Internet Facility to all Users including Research Scholars, Faculty members and Students.
2. Plagiarism Checking of Theses / Synopsis / Dissertations / Abstracts / Research Papers / Publications.
3. Uploading of Ph. D. Thesis on Shodhganga.
4. LIBSYS and OPAC Services to all Sections of Dhnavantri Library and other departmental Libraries.
5. Access to e- journals.
6. Organising of User Awareness cum Training Sessions.
7. Creation of User accounts of Faculty members in order to facilitate them in checking their documents for plagiarism checking.